Dream Light

11 x 14 inches
oil on canvas
SOLD

A recollection of a dream... A composition of soft colors, hints of images morphing into one another, evolving entities. Answers were illuminated by the Light, bringing me to the brink of understanding. I awoke, and was left with this memory.





Silent Resistance

16 x 20 inches
mixed media on canvas
SOLD  

I began this piece while living in a tent in Biloxi, Mississippi. At the time I was aiding in Hurricane Katrina relief: working long days, meeting amazing people, hearing devastating stories intertwined with those of hope, faith and recovery. I lived, showered and worked beside 50-150 people at any given time. This painting contains the layers of my time there, my return home to New York, and the move to my current residence in Vermont. This painting began as a poem, covered by paint splatters, plastered with ripped out pages of government distributed hurricane damage prevention booklets and became my own personal documentation between 2006 - 2008.